St. Ignatius of Loyola Parish (Boston College)/Christ the King windows
|Tour of the Art & Architecture of St. Ignatius Church|
The Christ the King window is in the back of the church, above the choir loft. It shows Christ on a throne with a crown and giving the sign of peace.
On the left are Moses (holding the Ten Commandments) and Elijah (writing on a scroll with his name). Toth of them are present at The Transfiguration. On the right are St. Peter (holding the keys to the kingdom and St. Ignatius Church) and St. Paul (holding a sword, the instrument of his martyrdom).
Top portion of Christ the King Window. Three angels hold a palm branch (symbol of martyrdom), cross, and crown. Other symbols include a butterfly (resurrection), anchor (hope), orb with a cross on the top, flaming candle, crown with palm branch through it (martyrdom), letters IHS and XP, and cherubs.
The stained glass windows in the church made by Edward W. Heimer & Company of Paterson, New Jersey and were installed in the church in 1949.